A reminder to all Scouts BSA adult leaders:
ALL merit badge counselors must re-register annually in the month of April. Every registered leader should have received a message with the procedure via ScoutBook at the beginning of the month. In the event that you did not receive the message:
There is a special electronic procedure in place during the covid-19 necessitated shutdown of the Council office.
You can obtain the procedure at this link: https://ocscouts.org/download/5988/
Existing counselors need to do the following:
- Complete the merit badge selection form: https://ocscouts.org/download/5871/
- Scan or save the completed form as a pdf.
- If you have not already done so, complete a Background check authorization https://ocscouts.org/download/9397/
- Do this ONLY IF you have not already completed the authorization for a position for which you (re)registered in January.
- Ensure that your YPT is current/up-to-date.
- Submit the completed merit badge selection form, a copy of your YPT certificate and the background check authorization (if needed) to the Council Registrar (email@example.com).
In addition to the above new merit badge counselors must:
- Complete an adult application for the merit badge counselor position even if you are registered for another position.
- Complete Merit Badge Counselor training. This course is available online through the myscouting training site.
Please forward this message to all current or prospective merit badge counselors associated with your unit.
Steven G Blanchard
Chair, Shakori District Advancement Committee
Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 820
Council Executive Board
Occoneechee Council, B.S.A.
1903 Fountain Ridge Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27517