As of July 29, 2020 the State of North Carolina remains in phase 2 of the Safer at Home reopening plan. The policy of Occoneechee Council for in person activities, including Eagle projects, during phase 2 is outlined in Mr. Charles, Flowers’, the Occoneechee Council Scout Executive, communication dated May 21, 2020. This communication was sent to all registered adult leaders in the Council and is linked here: https://ocscouts.org/coronavirus-update/
Note that all Eagle projects work sessions are official unit activities. As a reminder, two trained registered leaders are required at all activities.
As described in that communication:
- “…decisions about unit meetings and activities should be made by unit leadership and chartering organizations based on the unit’s individual circumstances and current CDC and local health department guidelines.”
- Project workers should follow the “three W’s”
- “Wearing face masks”
- “Waiting (Maintaining our 6 feet distance) responsibly”
- “Washing our hands frequently”
- The ability to conduct Eagle Project work sessions is also dependent on the current status of the planned venue. For instance, some beneficiaries (e.g. schools, churches, parks) may have more stringent restrictions on access or group size at their facilities.
- As a result, candidates should ensure that access to any intended work site is allowed and any restrictions can be met before scheduling a work session.