Shakori district leadership has changed roles for Eagle Committee Chair and Advancement Chair effective February 1, 2020.
- Steve Blanchard, previously Eagle Committee Chair, will take the role of Advancement Chair for Shakori district.
- Bill Stonecypher will now take on the role of Eagle Committee Chair.
Steve and Bill are working closely together to ensure that Eagle scouts in progress are smoothly transitioned.
Scouts submitting Eagle Project Proposals for District approval can now contact Bill Stonecypher. The following contact information can be used in the Eagle Workbook for Council or District Project Approval Representative:
- Name: Bill Stonecypher
- Address: 108 Beechridge Ct, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
- Email Address: ShakoriEagleChair@gmail.com
- Preferred telephone(s): (919) 475-7112
Yours in Scouting,
Shakori District Eagle Committee Chair
If you haven’t heard yet, our chapter will have chapter outings throughout the month of June, July, and August. On June 22nd we will go to the NC Zoo in Asheboro, NC. On July 6th we will spend the day at Wrightsville Beach, NC. On July 22 our chapter will spend a full day at Carowinds. Then finally, on August 10th our chapter will attend a Durham Bulls game. To sign up for these outings please go to this SignUp Genius link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c44a9ae2ea6f85-saponi
On the signup genius, it explains the payment process for the outings and the deadlines to sign up. Once the deadline date has passed, those who have sign up will get information about that outing the next day. Since the first outing is the NC Zoo on June 22nd, the deadline to sign up for that outing is on June 15th, 2019 at midnight. So if you would like to attend, sign up. If you do come to our outings you will be able to spend time with your brothers, have more 1 on 1 time with our lodge officers, have neat experiences, and possibly get a Saponi Chapter shirt and maybe a chapter patch. So come on out to our outings.
Some other information: Occoneechee Lodge 104 is holding a patch trading event on August 23-24, 2019. At that event, patch traders can trade with many people from around the country, so you could get that popular World Scout Jamboree patch that people still want. Ceremonialist, Singers, and possible dancers at that event there is also an event for you, it is called Gentgeen. Gentgeen is an AIA event dedicated to helping our ceremonialist, singers, and dancers to become better with more 1 on 1 time with NOAC judges and national powwow judges as well. I recommend this event. Also, our chapter will not have a July chapter meeting, but we will have an August meeting.
If you have any questions about our chapter outings please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are only a few days away from the 2019 SR-7B Conclave at Camp Durant this weekend (April 12th-14th, 2019). With a few days left the chapter has a lot of information to tell you. So below are very important information about this weekends hype event.
1) When you come to Conclave bring your BSA Medical Form part A & B, if you don’t bring it to Conclave you will be asked to leave because those forms are like your “Golden Ticket” to enter into Conclave.
2) Adults if you can take scouts down to Camp Durant on Friday afternoon please let Alberto Daniel know, email him at email@example.com or text him at (919)-448-1862
3) The Occoneechee Lodge 104 Trading Post has officially sold out of 2019 Conclave t-shirt’s. If you ordered one you will get it at check in at Conclave.
4) At Check-in certain people will need to go to certain places to check-in. Below are the places where you will need to check-in. This is for Staff and Lodge Delegates, so look carefully at where you will need to check-in. Check-in begins at 2 pm and will end at 10 pm.
Admin Building: Traffic & Safety, VIP, Campsite Hosts, Hospitality, Brand/Marketing, Security, Health & Safety, Conclave EC
Sullivan Center: Lodge Delegation, AIA, Shooting Sports, OAX, Que Recognition, Trading Post, Photography, Shows, Chaos, Mt. Biking, Vigil, Climbing, Leadership Team
Grand Lodge: Food, Grill, and Logistics
a) At Conclave, Occoneechee Lodge 104 will be staying at Poplar, Hickory, and Sweetgum Campsite. For those who went to Spring Pow-Wow, you will remember that the lodge wanted us to set up the canvas tents at our campsite, well this is why because at Conclave people will be allowed to camp in the canvas tents. The Canvas Tents will be determined by a first come, first serve bases.
b) For a few committees, they will stay somewhere else at Conclave due to their job responsibilities. Cook Crew (Food) will camp at Maple Campsite, Shooting Sports and Chaos Committee will stay at Long Leaf Campsite, and Health and Safety Committee will stay at the Health Lodge.
6) Our Chapter Chief- Alberto Daniel, will be running for a Section Officer at the Section Elections. Alberto will be running for Section Secretary, he will need everyone’s help to campaign. The Section Election will occur at 4pm on Saturday Afternoon on the Vista at the stage. The rain location is the Grand Lodge. Please help Alberto become Section Secretary.
7) The Saponi Chapter Pre-Ordeal Ceremony Team will be representing Occoneechee Lodge 104 at the 2019 SR-7B Conclave and will compete against the section to become the best Pre-Ordeal Ceremony in SR-7B. They will perform starting at 9 am at Beech Campsite Field (Rain Location: Sullivan Center). We will also have some of our members compete in the Brotherhood Ceremony starting at 9 am at the Campfire Arena (Rain Location: Archery Shelter). Please come out and support our fellow chapter members as they compete against some of the best ceremony teams in SR-7B.
More Updates will appear before Conclave. So look at this article each day for updates about Conclave.
March Saponi Chapter Meeting: At the 2019 March Saponi Chapter meeting the chapter had a visit from the 2019 Conclave Chairmen John Sommers and Occoneechee Lodge 104 Vice Chief of Communications Parker Morreissett. We started out with a presentation from John Sommers about the 2019 SR-7B Conclave, then the chapter had a egg toss competition. Other members practice the Pre-Ordeal and Brotherhood Ceremonie so that way they can be ready to preform at Spring Pow-Wow. After the egg toss and ceremonie practice the chapter got to schedule transportation to Spring Pow-Wow and others went and got their pizza. For the game we had a Brotherhood Family Feud to help our Brothers who were seeking the Brotherhood membership in our order. It went great! The March meeting was a lot of fun and many Arrowmen were ready for Spring Pow-Wow, April Chapter Meeting, and the 2019 SR-7B Conclave.
April Saponi Chapter Meeting: At the 2019 April Saponi Chapter meeting, the chapter had a new members pot luck. Where fellow Arrowmen both youth and adults brought food for the chapter meeting to welcome our new brothers into the Order of the Arrow. During the meal, the chapter went through a presentation by our Chapter Chief-Alberto Daniel. All about what opportunities the Order of the Arrow offers. The Order of the Arrow offers great high adventure programs, leadership opportunities, and more! Once the presentation was over the chapter then had a challenge to complete, they had to get into groups of 5 to create a lip sync song for the chapter to preform. The chapter members will preform these songs at the May 2019 Saponi Chapter meeting on May 6th, 2019.