Shakori district leadership has changed roles for Eagle Committee Chair and Advancement Chair effective February 1, 2020.
- Steve Blanchard, previously Eagle Committee Chair, will take the role of Advancement Chair for Shakori district.
- Bill Stonecypher will now take on the role of Eagle Committee Chair.
Steve and Bill are working closely together to ensure that Eagle scouts in progress are smoothly transitioned.
Scouts submitting Eagle Project Proposals for District approval can now contact Bill Stonecypher. The following contact information can be used in the Eagle Workbook for Council or District Project Approval Representative:
- Name: Bill Stonecypher
- Address: 108 Beechridge Ct, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
- Email Address: ShakoriEagleChair@gmail.com
- Preferred telephone(s): (919) 475-7112
Yours in Scouting,
Shakori District Eagle Committee Chair
Shakori District has two new Scouts BSA Troops for girls: Troop 39 and Troop 835!
Troop 39 for girls is chartered at University United Methodist Church and meets Wednesday nights at 7:30 pm. For more information, please contact Glyn Tomkins, Scoutmaster.
Troop 835 for girls is chartered at Amity United Methodist Church and meets Wednesday nights at 7:30 pm. For more information, please contact Ruth Heaton, Scoutmaster.
Occoneechee Council has organized its ten Districts into four Areas. Shakori is part of Area 2 along with Awahili and Mawat Districts. Neither the Districts nor the Order of the Arrow Chapters have changed. The professional staff has also been reorganized. The goal is to bring more Scouting to more Youth. We have four scouting professionals serving Area 2:
- Gwangi Shipp is our Development Director. He is responsible for Community, District, and Council fundraising activities for our Area.
- Matt Groseclose is our Family Scouting Director. He is responsible for serving our existing units in Awahili and part of Mawat Districts
- Louise Lochner is our Family Scouting Executive. She is responsible for serving our existing units in Shakori District and part of Mawat District.
- Jerry Wells is our New Unit Development Director. He is responsible for developing and sustaining new units in our Area.
Their contact information is in the Scouters Directory. Please join us in welcoming these Scouting professional when you see them!
Get in your nomination early this year.
Follow this link and complete the simple form for your nomination.
Session 1: 8:30 – 11:30am
Session 2: 12:00- 3:00pm
Session 3: 3:30 – 6:30pm
Union Grove UMC
6407 Union Grove Church Road,
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Archery, BB Guns, Sling Shots
Participants will earn a shooting sports rank-specific patch and three pins upon completion of the event
$20 per participant**
Closes by August 1st or when slots are filled (limit 24 per session).
Closed toe shoes, water bottle
**Parent/guardian will be required to attend with each participant in the event of an emergency
Dawn Hale, email@example.com