Coronavirus Update: Advancement Information
To the Shakori District Scouting Community
Information, procedures & guidance on Advancement from both Occoneechee Council & B.S.A. National are being updated to reflect the current coronavirus situation on a regular basis. The links below are current as of the morning of 26-March, 2020:
N.B: The Eagle Desk and the Scout Shop are now closed while the no person-to-person contact directive is in effect. AS a result, it is not possible to hand-deliver a completed Eagle packet at the moment. Scouts with a completed Eagle packet would be advised to hold it until the situation changes.
- B.S.A. National Statement on CoVid-19
- National CoVid-19 FAQ
- Note that the Occoneechee Council directive to suspend to ALL face-to-face meetings through the end of April reflects our local reality is stronger than, and supercedes, the recommendation on the National FAQ.
- Occoneechee Council CoronaVirus Web page
- Bryan on Scouting: Advancement during CoVid-19
- Lists/ explains special procedures for advancement and has linked to the appropriate official interim National policies.
If you have additional questions on advancement you may contact either: